Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shut Your Fucking Mouth Drink

I cannot stand it when I am being introduced to the staff of a new job and the boss/manager/acting assistant to the traveling secretary says, "We work hard. We play hard." Really. Oh, this sounds like a place I wanna work. That doesn't mean anything. Work hard? I don't have a colege education! I'll make do! Its not a fucking salt mine for god's sake. And play hard. You wanna play hard, come out with me and the Miserable Bastards on a Wednesday night! For openers, pal, your staff doesn't even like you. Sure they get together, but you aren't invited. You are stuck in that manager/buddy delusional twilight zone. If one or more of your employees has a bang on impression of you, you are not well liked...  Work hard/play hard my ass. I must have heard it about 20 times. 'Course, I've had a lot of jobs. None of them were going anywhere though. So I ask you, what middle management do I have to be the thorn in the side of to gedda drink around here?

No comments:

Post a Comment