Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dustin Cross Drink


I met Dustin Cross down at the Sheraton Wall Center for drinks with the rest of his real estate team. Its funny how much you forget. I haven't seen Dustin in 19 years, but we picked up right where we left off. Telling stupid jokes and making each other piss ourselves laughing... Dusty and I used to chill in his room reading Mad Magazines for hours on end, howling with laughter. We hadda few brews at the hotel lounge, then fucked off to this little Irish pub down Burrard a few blocks. He gave me a lowdown on what had been goin on in Regina since I'd left, and I told him the shit that I've been up to. All in all it was a fucking fantastic night with an old buddy that I didn't realize how much I'd missed. There was a time in my youth that Ol' Dusty D and I were rarely apart. I considered him one of my solid friends back then, when solid friends were tough to come by, and I feel the same now. The only bummer of the evening was that my camera died, so all I had was my shitty cell phone camera. I got one pic anyway. If there is any one reason to head back to Regina for my 20 year reunion, Its to see Dustin... Thanks for the memories man! NO DICE! So my question is this... What old buddy do I have to sit around, get drunk and have non-stop laughs with to gedda drink around here?

No comments:

Post a Comment