Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sheldon Brin, Ol' Shel, DJ SHELSHOK


























 
 I know its been a long time comin’ guys. It’s hard to find the words to say about this guy so its taken a while and I still don’t know if I have it right. I met Shel on Shaughnessy street about 95 or 96. We were both sales guys from different companies. We hit it off instantly and although we’d lost touch early on in our relationship a few times, we’d been fast friends for years. His death, like many has inspired me to reach out to friends and family I’ve lost touch with over the years, reconnect and, despite our differences, appreciate what brought us together in the first place. I love Shel because he wasn’t anybody but Shel. You always got the straight shot from him with no bullshit which can be rare. I am going to miss him dearly but I know he’s still with us all. When I look for him or think about him or even talk to him now, I don’t look up, I look around. I urge you to share your tales of Sheldon Brin, Ol' Shel or DJ SHELSHOK here or anywhere else. I also urge you to reconnect with those who we’ve lost touch with or had a falling out with. There are people in this world who enrich your life and Sheldon Brin was one of the best. I still don’t know if I've used the right words here, but these words make me think of him and what he’s up to now... Love ya Shel!



Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go. The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...

Ramble On, And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song. 


                                                                                                    Led Zeppelin - Ramble On 

1 comment:

  1. Perfect Anthony...couldn't have said it better...You're absolutely right, about all of it...
    You know he's always going to be with us...a little voice inside each and everyone of us...Missing his presence everyday, but feeling him around with every memory. Love you forever Shel,T

    ReplyDelete